Nov 7, 2017

Tinley Rose

My daughter recently gave birth to our eleventh grandchild.  The score now stands at 6 girls and 5 boys.  But, our son and his wife are expecting in February and the score will once again be even!  Grandchildren are so much fun!

My daughter really wanted to do some Disney princess scenes for the newborn photoshoot.   I admit, we may have gotten a little carried away!  We had fun gathering items from thrift stores to use in the scenes.  It was a full day and a half of shooting, but in the end it was worth it.

This is Tinley Rose in Wonderland.  The playing cards announce her birth date, 9-23-17.  The Mad Hatter hat shows her weight, 9 lbs. 2 oz. The tape measure that was used in the hospital shows her length, 19.1".  She was born at 9:04, so all of the clocks were set to that time.  I made a new cover for the Little Golden Book that features her name.  Her little dress was refashioned from a women's blouse, utilizing the elastic sleeve and button detail.  She got double duty out of the dress since she dressed as Alice in Wonderland for halloween this year!


(Photo editing credit to my oldest daughter, Kim!)


(Photo editing credit to my oldest daughter, Kim!)


For the Ariel photos, I made her a seashell crown and tulle skirt and top.  Most of the shells in the crown are actually buttons.  We surrounded her with nautical items, and of course, Flounder and Sebastian!  Her grandma made the beautiful blanket.



(Photo editing credit to my oldest daughter, Kim!)


My daughter found a yellow dress at a thrift store.  It was actually a size 4, but worked well as a long dress for Belle.  I made her a headband and tucked in some ribbon leaves that were made by her great, great grandma years ago.


(Photo editing credit to my oldest daughter, Kim!)

Cinderella rested on a large pouf fashioned from a beautiful beaded wedding dress I thrifted years ago.  I didn't cut the dress, I just tucked it all into itself and tied ribbons around it.  My daughter thrifted the tulle skirt, mouse, and other props.



Snow White slept on top of a fur-covered log bed.  The book is opened to a page that reads, "Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess named Tinley Rose."  This scene took a while to photoshop since it was a composite of three photos.  But it was fun working on it.


We are so blessed to have this sweet little girl join our family.  She truly is a blessing!


 photo signature.png

16 comments:

  1. Wow! She is so precious in all the wonderful dresses and scenes you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granddaughter and the pictures you took of her are perfect. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, Susan! Those are some amazing photos of a beautiful little baby girl. :) Love her name, too. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, so precious! Wonderful photos and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful and how precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a gifted photographer! The lighting and composition are perfect! Just another talent to add to your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I must admit, though, that my oldest daughter helped to edit some of the photos. In reality, my photography skills are limited. The key is taking oodles and oodles of pictures, deleting the ones that don't turn out, then editing the ones you like. I admire individuals who can take great photos without any post edits. I'm just thankful for digital photography and editing software!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations ! This is a so sweet baby ! You are lucky ! Thé photos are beautiful !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping in from Refashion co-op. What gorgeous photos! I just had to come and comment! Looks like you all had fun with the making, dressing up, staging and photo editing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! It was lots of fun coming up with the ideas and gathering the props. It was wonderful spending the whole day with my daughter and granddaughter. And, it was an ongoing educational process learning how to use photoshop! All in all, it was fun!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan