Mar 31, 2018

Muumuu to Jumpsuit!

I picked up this cotton muumuu for a couple of bucks and absolutely loved the fabric and the fact that there was so much of it!!  I refashion enough dresses, so this was destined to be something completely different...a jumpsuit!


I used a simple commercial pattern that I found at a thrift store to make the jumpsuit. 



It called for a zipper down the back, but it was loose enough that it wasn't necessary.




I retained the original side seams and side pockets that were in the muumuu.



The excess trim at the bottom of the muumuu became a pocket on the front.



This was a super easy pattern and the loose fit is so comfortable!


It's going to be a great casual outfit for Summer!


I like to link to these great parties!

 photo signature.png

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Would you share the pattern brand and number please? If I don't have it in my pattern stash, I will look for it when I'm out thrifting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pattern is Butterick 3853, circa 2003. Good luck in your search!

      Delete
  2. This is just so dang cute. You did amazing work on this lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so comfortable, I just may be on the lookout for more muumuus to refashion!

      Delete
  3. What a name for a dress - muumuu. I've made and worn a few - used to love them, but not any more. Great refashion into a jumpsuit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the feedback and always look forward to reading what you have to say! Susan